Sunday, February 19, 2017

More! More! More!

I decided I needed to add some shelves for storage to my workbench. I like having everything in reach. I removed the peg boards that held all my tools (it bugs me that every time I touch them, the pins pull up and fall off.  However, when I started removing the pins, THAT'S when they wouldn't come out!)  I got to use my trusty Ryobi tools (love them SO much! I even bought two more batteries, because I need extras for no other reason than I like having extras).


The shelf was pretty straight-forward, but my math skills were put to the test for the braces. Angles... why did it have to be angles?!  So much trial and error... mostly error. Also, I used my Kreg jig for the cross-supports, but the Kreg bit is really long and there was not enough space to drill the screws in properly. It's too bad they don't have a half-length bit. I ended up adding a bunch of extra screws for support. 


The white bins with the blue above were leftover from a project inside the house. I used them in the closet in the guest bath but replaced them with sliding shelves. I don't think I'll keep these here, either. The bins need to be covered (SO much dust) and transparent so I can see what the heck is in there.


Note the transparent bins below. I need more of those.


It's slowly looking a bit neater. I got all my Ryobi tools hung up. I bought these really cool hooks, but the screws they came with were disgustingly cheap. I sheared off the heads of them three times. 

The black bar on the table top is an LED light fixture which I will install at a later day (tomorrow?), I was tired... 

On a weird note: my circular saw is not doing well. It's not cutting. It's not smooth when I turn it on, often sounding like it's grinding. I'd be surprised if it's under warranty... or if I could find any of the original purchase information from Home Depot, so I may have to chuck it and buy a new one. They aren't super expensive, but it feels like such a waste. I can't seem to find anything online that tells me what the problem could be. That's tonight's project... 

No comments:

Post a Comment