Monday, June 12, 2017

Potting Table

I didn't take a lot of pictures during the process for this... D'Oh!

I had a computer desk I had long since stopped using and had put to use in my garage as a quasi-workbench. Once I got my workbench built, the desk went outside as a quasi-potting bench.

From the "Workbench in the Garage" era.

I remember my parents' old potting bench in their backyard, assembled by my grandfather from found materials. It was battered and old... but really neat. 

I decided to create something similar from found materials. A few 2x4s, a couple of extra composite boards, a nail gun, a few pocket holes, and a whole lotta barnyard paint later: a potting table was born! The nice thing is that I can use the former slide out keyboard drawer to hold tools!




I learned a few things from this project:
1) don't improvise and
2) slow down when painting, otherwise it will go everywhere.


It's not going to hold much, but it's form over function for this...


Meanwhile, The Husband made a bird house! 
Still under construction in this pic, it's pretty adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment