Friday, June 16, 2017

J'acuzz

The husband wants a hot tub. Actually, he wants a pool, but will settle for a Jacuzzi...

A few years back, I was at a home improvement show and they had these really cool "portable" hot tubs. I can't remember the price, but they were pretty inexpensive. They were filled with air and were supposed to be light enough to put on a deck and they were "totally acceptable to landlords and building managers."

Thinking back on it, I realize that last line was B.S. as NOTHING is ever "totally acceptable to landlords and building managers."

The subject of hot tubs came up again with some friends recently and few days later, I got a text from a friend: "Amazon is having a sale on hot tubs!" Amazon sells hot tubs?

Low and behold, they do! Those portable ones! Definitely NOT recommended for decks and apartments.


The best part was that the Coleman was on sale for less than $300!  With FREE SHIPPING to boot!

The Husband is happy!
I'm happy!

We've sat in it about three times in the last five days. It really is quite relaxing. It works well, and if we keep using it on a regular basis, we can think about upgrading to a more permanent tub. Perfect for two, three is fine, four is manageable--but not great, beyond that: no. Just no. 

I've been on an anti-Coleman rant for a while, but this gets me back on the Coleman train again... we'll see how well it does over the next year.

Let me know if you have a brand you like (or dislike). 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment